We’re all in high spirits from the events of Arizona Cocktail Weekend, but we might need a little pick-me-up tomorrow morning. So for your cure, go local!
Good Food Finder is here with two recipes that are sure to remedy your woes:
Something About Rosemary
- 1.5 oz Gin (we love O.H.S.O.’s #Gin)
- 0.75 oz Lemon Juice (check out the U-Pick at Justice Brothers Ranch)
- 0.5 oz Rosemary Simple Syrup (Duncan Family Farms grows amazing culinary herbs)
Combine all ingredients, minus champagne, and shake with ice. Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice & top with champagne. Garnish with a lemon wheel and rosemary sprig. Sub alcohols with tonic water, 7-up, or ginger ale.
Just Pear With Me
- 1 oz Reposado Tequila (can’t go wrong with 3 Amigos Tequila)
- 1 oz Mezcal
- 0.75 oz Prickly Pear Juice (support the work of Flowers & Bullets or Arizona Cactus Ranch)
- 0.5 oz Lime Juice (again that U-Pick at Justice Brothers Ranch)
- 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
- Ancho Reyes Verde
Combine all ingredients and shake with ice. Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wheel & mint sprig. Sub alcohols with tonic water or agave nectar.
These recipes were created by Shawn Campbell, the winner of the 2018 Devour Bartending Competition, representing The Vig. Though he’s since left Phoenix, Shawn continues shaking, shooting photos, and making magic in Denver. We’re proud to feature his favorite Arizona-grown ingredients. Keep in touch with him at shawnxcampbell.com or on instagram @shawnxcampbell.
While Shawn is no longer bartending in Arizona, rest assured that all five Valley Vig locations are guaranteed to mix up a drink you’ll love, along with scrumptious food that will appeal to any and all. You won’t regret checking out one of their fun, friendly, upscale neighborhood taverns near you.
If you’ve got your own recipes you’re shaking, be sure to search Good Food Finder to find all your ingredients locally. Drink local, and drink safely!