Alisa Cook and Phyllis Cavanaugh have worked as natural health practitioners for a combined 25+ years. They are committed to helping their clientele, and larger community, achieve optimal health, and they understand, and teach, that health starts with proper nutrition.
"We dream of sustainable agriculture in the desert; producing amazing pesticide and herbicide free fruits, vegetables and proteins (antibiotic free, of course) without overburdening the beautiful land we live on.
"Produce and protein from the farm and ranch will be grown using aquaponics, hydroponics, drip irrigation, and rainwater, whenever possible. Our goal is to grow the finest, most unique variety of produce, while using minimal amounts of water. Of course, no poisonous chemicals will be used, either. Seeds will be sourced only from vendors who provide organic and/or non-GMO products. As much as possible, re-purposed supplies and building materials will be used.
"Our home, and the ranch, is located on 55 acres near Gleeson, Arizona. We are blessed with incredibly rich soil, and a setting that is absolutely conducive to small-scale farming and ranching. We are extremely excited to share our bounty with you. We will be growing what we will be eating....with you!
Plans for the farm and ranch include:
* Herbicide and pesticide-free produce, from organic and/or non-GMO seeds
* Fish and seafood raised on home-grown feed
* Free-range, antibiotic free eggs
* Fresh and dried herbs - culinary and medicinal
* Fresh and dried cut flowers
* Herbal medicine preparations, including tinctures, salves and teas
* Gourmet cooking items like infused oils and vinegars
* Weekly recipes and produce information
* Weekly (or twice monthly) home delivery of your produce via the farm share
* Annual farm to table celebrations for members only
* Annual u-pick events for members only
* Other members only activities, products and events
Always wanted to own a farm? Now's your chance!
Seasonal Fruits, Vegetables, Aquaponics, Pumpkins, zucchini, cabbage, mixed greens, garlic
- Farmers Market
Don't see what you're looking for?
We are always trying to make our database as robust and complete as possible. If you know of a farm, farmers market, restaurant or other business that is devoted to growing our local food system and is not yet listed, let us know!