Forestdale Farm is located in Flagstaff, AZ. They follow organic, ecologic and sustainable practices, including:
- On-site composting, small-scale aquaculture, and cover cropping
- Rainwater harvesting, drip irrigation, and mulching
- Bio-intensive planting and crop rotation
- Hand cultivation and harvesting
In addition to a large variety of vegetables and herbs, they currently raise chickens and turkeys with free access to water, shelter, sunshine and fresh air. Besides foraging (and plenty of produce from the farm!) these birds have access to supplemental certified organic feed.
Currently they have a farmstand, offer a small number of CSA shares, sell at the Flagstaff Community Markets and at local restaurants. They also sell homemade personal care and household items such as salves and deodorant.
Produce, vegetables, herbs, garden starts, plants, eggs, chicken, turkey, heritage, birds, poultry, deodorant, salve, hand salve, sleep salve, laundry soap, homemade
- Farmers Market
- Farm to Restaurant
- Order Direct
- Farm Stand
- Pesticide Free
- Herbicide Free
- Integrated Pest Management
- Water Conservation and Reuse
- Reduced Waste or Recycling
- Seed Preservation
- Synthetic Fertilizer Free
- Organic Practices
- Free Range
- Antibiotic Free
- Hormone Free
- Nitrate Free
- Heritage Foods
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Women Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
Don't see what you're looking for?
We are always trying to make our database as robust and complete as possible. If you know of a farm, farmers market, restaurant or other business that is devoted to growing our local food system and is not yet listed, let us know!