Abundant Harvest Cooperative is a strong network of backyard gardeners and small farmers in Southern Arizona. This cooperative:
- Offers backyard gardeners and small farmers an opportunity to sell locally-grown produce, eggs, nuts, honey, and dry goods at a shared Farmers’ Market table.
- Serves as a business incubator for local producers by minimizing cost risks associated with marketing and sales outlets.
- Promotes community health through geographically accessible and culturally appropriate spaces to purchase naturally grown produce.
- Promotes access to fresh, quality food by people of all economic classes by accepting Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits and participating in the payment instruments provided by the Arizona Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (AZFMNP) and Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Contributes to food security by supporting local farms and producers, keeping food dollars in the local economy, and creating consistent options for affordable nutritious food in urban areas.
- Builds a strong network of local growers who share knowledge and resources. Members have the opportunity to attend and teach workshops, visit other members’ gardens and farms, serve on the AHC Governance Board, socialize at quarterly member mixers, and participate in bi-annual Cooperative Meetings.
- Farmers Market
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Don't see what you're looking for?
We are always trying to make our database as robust and complete as possible. If you know of a farm, farmers market, restaurant or other business that is devoted to growing our local food system and is not yet listed, let us know!